When riding on the road and enjoying the perfect riding experience, it is inevitable to be distracted. If we are not careful, safety problems that we all have unexpected occur, such as crashes and other safety problems. But riding a bicycle is not as effective as a car. Safety equipment such as airbags will automatically pop up temporarily when the danger drops to protect our safety. Therefore, we must have the awareness of maintaining our own safety, especially the maintenance of the head. It must be done during riding. It is necessary to equip professional bicycle helmets for maintenance to ensure our head safety.
Now more and more people will choose to buy for their family members and buy them for themselves. Then when you choose cycling, how much money are you willing to protect for your head? The one that suits you is the best. How to define whether it is suitable or not depends on its composition and raw materials.
1. Helmet shell: the hard shell of the outermost layer of the helmet. In the event of an accidental collision, the shell is the first line of defense to maintain the head to disperse the impact.
2. Helmet body: the foam inner layer inside the helmet. It is the second line of defense to maintain the head. It is mainly used to absorb the impact of incidents and reduce accident damage.
3. Buckle and hat belt (safety harness): used to fix the helmet orientation. They are fixed under the ears, and the orientation of the buckle is fixed to the throat.
4. Helmet brim: There are two types of helmet brim: fixed and adjustable. General road bike riding helmets do not have a brim. The role of the brim is to prevent foreign objects from flying into the eyes of the rider, and play a certain role in shading.
5. Air hole: Air holes are used to help the head to dissipate heat and ventilate, and to keep the hair dry during long-distance riding. The more pores, the cooler the rider will feel, but the lower the relative safety factor. It is generally better to choose a helmet with the right amount of air holes.
6. Knob: There is a knob for adjusting the tightness at the back of the riding helmet. Riders can adjust the size of the helmet according to the size of their head.
7. Pad: The pad can absorb the sweat and micro-vibration discharged by the human body during riding.
1. Details of process composition:
Bicycle helmets are formed by combining two parts of a shell and a body, but due to the different combining methods, it is divided into two methods: integral molding and non-integral molding. One-piece molding refers to putting the plasticized PC shell and foam materials into the molding machine to form a product at one time; non-integral molding refers to first molding the foam, and then putting the plasticized PC or PVC plastic shell on the foam.
Advantages and disadvantages: The one-piece helmet fits better with the shell and the cap body and has a stronger strength, which can better maintain our head. Instead of one-piece, it is relatively weaker.
2. Raw material details
The outer shell of a bicycle helmet is usually composed of PC (polyethylene) and PVC (polyvinyl chloride). In terms of application, PVC is generally used for helmets with multiple moldings, and PC is generally used for helmets with integrated molding. The difference between the two is that the one-piece helmet made of PC raw materials is durable and cold-resistant, even if it is tens of degrees below zero, there is no problem; while PVC raw materials are not cold-resistant, and have poor thermal stability and impact resistance. Hard or soft PVC simply produces brittleness during the use process, poor use experience and low safety factor.
What is common on the market now is that the non-integrated helmet is composed of PVC+EPS; the one-piece helmet is composed of PC+EPS. When it comes to EPS (Expanded Polystyrene), which is composed of expanded polystyrene foam, EPS is now the mainstream raw material in the market.
3. Other important details
The softness + resistance to pull is very important, because it is to touch your face and chin directly, so comfort is very important.
(2) Inner lining
A good inner lining can not only improve the wearing comfort, but also play a certain buffering effect after the helmet is hit. It is also easy to clean. It is also essential to keep the helmet clean at all times.
Finally, it is worth noting that bicycle helmets need to be replaced regularly. As the data will be affected by aging, pollution, sunlight, etc., it will affect its life. Even if the helmet is not damaged, it must be replaced every 3 years; but once the helmet is replaced After the impact, the performance of the bicycle helmet will be greatly reduced, and it needs to be replaced immediately. Even if the helmet may not be damaged from the appearance after the impact, the interior has changed. Therefore, you must take good care of your head safety, because it is too important.
Spoton is a reliable and professional bike helmet factory that offers various types of bike helmets that meet your need. Contact us to know more about our product and get an attractive price.