Cycling helmet is the most important equipment in bicycle riding, it is the guarantee of our life safety, but incorrect wearing method will greatly reduce the protective effect of cycling helmet, and it will make you feel uncomfortable. Before wearing the cycling helmet correctly, we must first understand the general structure of the cycling helmet:
The structure of cycling helmet can be roughly divided into seven parts:
1. Brim: the brim is divided into two types: fixed and adjustable. General road bicycle helmets do not have a brim. The role of the brim has the effect of shading, and at the same time, it can prevent sand and dust from entering the eyes.
2. Helmet shell: the outer shell of the helmet. In the event of an accidental collision, the shell serves as the first line of defense to protect the head and can distribute the impact.
3. Helmet body: the foam inner layer inside the helmet. It is the second line of defense to protect the head, which is mainly used to absorb the impact force in accidents and reduce accident injuries.
4. Buckle and strap (safety harness): used to fix the position of the helmet. The strap is fixed under the ears on both sides, and the position of the buckle is fixed at the throat.
5. Ventilation holes: improve the air flow in the helmet, help heat dissipation and ventilation of the head.
6. Adjustable liner: the removable liner can fine-tune the inner size of the helmet, usually a soft sponge material, which can increase comfort. Regular maintenance and cleaning of the liner can prevent odors.
7. Knob: There is a knob for adjusting the tightness at the back of the cycling helmet. Riders can adjust the size of the helmet according to the size of their head.